Ride Designs Ride Java Back
The Ride Designs Ride Java Back is a versatile wheelchair back support, with one simple yet crucial advantage over most others – it’s designed to fit the natural contours of the user’s trunk and pelvis.
Many other back supports are flat from top to bottom, making an accurate and comfortable fit almost impossible. However, the patented biomechanical design of the Ride Designs Ride Java Back provides the flexibility to easily balance the trunk and optimise pelvic support. This in turn supports the natural movement and normal rhythm of the body.
The Ride Designs Ride Java Back user experiences comfort and stability at rest, and no interference with function and mobility. This back support is most effective when used in conjunction with a Ride Forward Cushion or Ride Java Cushion to help with pressure relief. It is also available as the Ride Java Decaf Back, to suit paediatric users.
Benefits of the Ride Designs Ride Java Back include:
- Adjusts to fit each user: Most back supports are flat from top to bottom, and attempts to adjust them can lead to loss of seat depth and reduced trunk contact and support. However, the Ride Designs Java Back can be adjusted specifically to support the unique contours of each user, to provide maximum to the pelvic, lumbar, and thoracic spine regions.
- Available in range of sizes: The Ride Designs Java Back is available in multiple widths, in three heights, and in two depths, to guarantee fitting for any user.
- Easy fitting: The Ride Designs Java Back is lightweight and is therefore easy to manoeuvre, even for those with limited hand function. It attaches via a robust locking mechanism, which is secure while fitted, but easy to release when required.
- Easy adjustment: Height, depth, angle, pelvic support, trunk balance can all be adjusted independently. The Java Back quick-release hardware offers 20 degrees of back angle adjust-ability, two inches of seat depth adjust-ability, and approximately two inches of back width adjust-ability.
Momentum Healthcare are exclusive distributors in Ireland for the Ride Designs Ride Java Back, and all other Ride Designs products.
Use Product Enquiry Tab to get in touch for further details.
10” (25cm), 12” (30cm), 13” (33cm), 14” (36cm)
Regular: 10” (25cm), 12” (30cm)
Tall: 13” (33cm), 15” (38cm)
Including hardware: 3.0 – 3.5 lbs (1.4 – 1.6kg); Carrying Weight: 2.2 – 2.7 lbs (1.0 – 1.2kg)
*Depends on width, depth, and height chosen
200 lbs (91kg)
Seat Depth Range of Adjustment
Up to 8.5” (22cm), depending on wheelchair width
- Outer Cover
- Adjustable Mount
- Pelvic Wedges (2)
- Flexa-just Stays (2)
- FlexLoc Mounting Hardware
- Owner’s Handbook
- Fixed Lateral Trunk Supports, Flat and Curved (pair)
- Swing-Away Lateral Trunk Supports, Flat and Curved (pair)
- Additional Flexa-just Stays (pair)
- Universal Headrest Mounting Plate
- Extra Outer Cover
- Additional Pelvic Wedges (pair)
- Quickie Fold-Down Push Handle Adaptor
- Ride Privacy Flap
- Growth Kit
- Ride Designs Ride Java Back Brochure
- Ride Designs Ride Java Back Owners Handbook
- Ride Designs Ride Java Back Order Form **
** Our Specialist will guide you through the order form if we decide that this is the best product for you.
For more information about this product or to receive a quote, please call us directly on 056 771 23 94 or fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you shortly.