Please note this fee is fully reimbursed if you proceed with purchasing equipment from Momentum Healthcare following the assessment.
Momentum Healthcare can provide you with a personal assessment with either Peter Carroll or Brian McElhinney. These two very experienced professionals have over 20 years’ experience each, in measuring and supplying mobility equipment. This fee enables them to call to your house, place of work or a clinic to discuss your mobility needs and wishes.
There are many things that need to be considered when getting a new piece of equipment and a wheelchair, powerchair, therapy aid or mobility scooter. Peter and Brian will go through your needs, and what your desired outcome is from your new equipment.
Some considerations for you before purchasing your new equipment.
• Is it for use in the home, out and about, short trips, long trips?
• Will you encounter hills and curbs on your route to the town, shops?
• Entry points to buildings, you do not want a huge mobility scooter if you can’t get inside the door of your local supermarket.
• Do you drive, will your wheelchair suit your car, driving needs?
• If not driving will you be taking the equipment out for day trips in the car, will it fold and fit into your car?
• Will you be propelling yourself in your wheelchair? A properly fitted wheelchair will make a huge difference to your ability to push with ease instead of it being a huge struggle.
• Is your current equipment working for you, what would you like to improve or keep?
• Pressure Care. Do you need a pressure care cushion?
• Please have a look at our assessment form attached, that will outline the items that we look for on the day.
If you wish to proceed and book an assessment, please do so through the online cart here.